Building Permits, Review & Inspection
Individuals & residents may review property files by submitting an email/phone request stating the address of the subject property and a contact phone number or email address for notification when the file is available for their review.
Florida State Law Requires...
- All plans for a construction permit are reviewed for compliance with the Florida Building Code.
- State Licensed professionals must review all plans to ensure requirements are met.
Building Permits - Online
- To check plan status: utilize the PIN that was issued upon application submittal
- To schedule inspections and/or view results: utilize application submittal PIN and permit PIN
- Application Submittal PIN is located at the top of information sheet provided upon submission.
- Permit PIN is located on the issued permit card once plans have been approved.
Building Permit Inspection - By Phone
- Request inspections by calling 561.586.1691 by 4:00pm the day before desired date
Florida Statutes 553.79 states "It shall be unlawful for any person, firm, corporation, or governmental entity to construct, erect, alter, modify, repair, or demolish any building within this state without first obtaining a permit therefor from the appropriate enforcing agency. An enforcing agency may not issue any permit for construction, erection, alteration, modification, repair, or demolition of any building or structure until the local building code administrator or inspector has reviewed the plans and specifications required by the Florida Building Code, or local amendment thereto, for such proposal and found the plans to be in compliance with the Florida Building Code."
In order to assist owner builders and contractors to obtain permits and meet the requirements of the law, the City has provided checklists with each permit that must be filled out and submitted along with the permit application.
Permit Applications & Checklists
Emergency repairs are allowed as long as permit application is submitted to building official next working day.
Permits NOT Required
Permits are NOT required for:
- Air Conditioning Window Unit: Unit in existing opening with existing electrical
- Appliance Replacement: Excluding hot water heater
- Bath Tub - Condominium & Apartments: Permit needed for 2nd floor & above
- Bath Tub - Single Family & Duplex: Replace in existing location*
- Cabinets: Replace existing
- Doors: Replace interior only
- Driveway: Reseal existing asphalt for single family/duplex - no striping
- Drywall: Wall repair less than 4'x8'
- Electrical - Light: Replace fixture in existing outlet
- Electrical - Outlet or Switch: Replace existing
- Fence: Repair/replace for previously permitted fence up 16' - excluding pool barriers
- Gutters: Residential only
- Heating Unit : Repair only
- Play Equipment: Residential only
- Screen Room: Replace screening only
- Siding: Repair area up to 32sf
- Sink or Faucet: Replace existing
- Soffit or Fascia: Repair/replace up to 10' - not including structural members
- Stucco: Repair finish up to 32sf
- Water Closet: Replace in existing location
- Window Glazing: Replace if less than $200
- Window Repair: Repair if less than $200
- Wood Deck: Repair up to 20sf