Planning & Zoning
The Planning and Zoning staff are responsible for long range planning; regional planning and coordination; development review, analysis, and compliance; and discretionary permit processing.
Functions include the preparation, maintenance, and implementation of the Comprehensive Plan, which guides the development of the City by providing long term goals and objectives; review and analysis of development projects to ensure compliance with the Comprehensive Plan, Municipal Code and other development standards and criteria; and staffing of the Planning & Zoning Board.
The Planning and Zoning staff serve the community in a number of ways by providing information, reviewing and evaluating projects, and assisting the development community in assuring projects are designed and developed in conformance with the City's Comprehensive Plan and Land Development Regulations. The planning staff works closely with other divisions, departments and agencies inside and outside of the City.
- Historic Preservation Board Application Deadlines
- Planning & Zoning Board Application Deadlines
- Site Plan Review Committee Deadlines
Land Development Regulations
Adopted August 6, 2013 | Effective date August 16, 2013
- Artisanal Industrial
- Beach & Casino
- Conservation District
- Downtown District
- FEC Corridor District
- Hotel District
- Industrial - Park of Commerce
- MF-20 Low-Density Multi-Family Residential
- MF-30 Medium-Density Multi-Family Residential
- MF-40 High-Density Multi-Family Residential
- Mobile Home Residential
- Mixed Use - Dixie Highway
- Mixed Use - East
- Mixed Use - Federal Highway
- Mixed Use - West
- Neighborhood Commercial
- Planned Development District
- Public Recreation & Open Space
- Public Districts
- Single Family Residential
- Single Family & Two Family Residential
- Transit Oriented Development East
- Transit Oriented Development West
Individuals & residents may review property files by submitting an email/phone request stating the address of the subject property and a contact phone number or email address for notification when the file is available for their review.