The Office of the City Clerk is charged with a wide variety of statutory responsibilities and other duties as dictated by the City's Charter related to the daily business of the City.
- Meetings and Minutes
- Supervisor of City Elections
- Records Management
- Cemetery Records
- Charter and Code of Ordinances
- Boards and Appointment Interest Applications
- Initiative and Citizen Referendums
- Municipal Liens and Special Assessments
Additionally, the Clerk maintains custody of the municipal seal, attests to and signs official contracts and documents, maintains receipt of legal documents, and administers and records oaths-of-office.
Pinecrest Cemetery | I.A. Memorial Park
Pinecrest Cemetery and I.A. Banks Memorial Park
For information regarding cemetery plots, opening and closing costs, and Veterans lots, please contact the Office of the City Clerk.
City of Lake Worth Domestic Partnership Registration
In March 2014, the City Commission adopted legislation that affords certain rights and benefits to qualified committed relationships that have registered with the City of Lake Worth.
To the extent not superseded by federal, state, or county law or ordinance, Registered Domestic Partners in the City of Lake Worth shall have the following rights:
- The same right as a spouse to visit a partner at health care facilities located within, or under the jurisdiction of the City of Lake Worth;
- The same right as a spouse to make health care decisions for an incapacitated partner;
- The same right as a surviving spouse with regard to funeral/burial decisions and disposition of the decedent’s body;
- The right to receive notification in those situations where notification of family is mandated or permissible;
- The right to be designated and to serve as a pre-need guardian.
Partners need not be Lake Worth residents. You may register in person or by mail.
The registration fee is $50.00 per couple.
- Download the Domestic Partnership Registration Form;
- Complete the form with original signatures;
- Have the form notarized;
- Enclose a $50.00 check made payable to the City of Lake Worth;
- Return to the Office of the City Clerk.
For more information, please contact the City Clerk’s Office at 561-586-1662.
Liens | Fees | Charges Against Real Property
General Information About Liens / Fees / Charges Against Real Property
When various fines, fees or charges remain unpaid by a property owner, the City can exercise its legal right to place a lien against an owner’s property to ensure the eventual collection of an unpaid amount.