Lake Worth Library
Children's Program Calendar
Read Down Your Fines
Kids Music Circle
2nd Mondays of the Month | 5:30pm - 6:15pm
Ages 3 - 11 with an adult
City Hall Annex Program Room | 414 Lake Avenue | Flyer
Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Library on Facebook
Lake Worth Little Free Libraries
Palm Beach Post | Search 1989 - Current
At the Library
The library’s mission is to provide free access to information, resources, programs and technology to meet patron needs for educational, cultural, recreational and lifelong learning.
The library provides a wide array of materials in many formats accessible through the online catalog as well as online databases to support research, computers for word processing, and internet access.
Remembering Lake Worth
Pioneers of Jewell by Ted Brownstein
A documentary history of early Lake Worth from 1885-1910.
$20 | Proceeds benefit Friends of the Lake Worth Library
On sale at the Lake Worth Library
On Lake Worth by Beverly Mustaine
A photographic tour of early Lake Worth from 1900 to 1950.
$20 | Proceeds benefit Lake Worth Historical Museum
On sale at Lake Worth Library
Lake Worth 100 Years Commemorative Poster by Jill Karlan
Featuring architectural icons & other Lake Worth locations. Click here to view.
$20 - unframed poster | $2 - note card | $2 - postcard
On sale at the Library | Proceeds benefit Friends of the Lake Worth Library
- 70,000+ volumes
- Electronic databases
- 12 Internet accessible computers
- Free Wi-Fi
- 2 typewriters
- Children’s programs
- Book discussion group
- Adult computer classes
- Basic genealogical searches
- Florida history collection
- Lake Worth Herald newspaper archive; 1912-1920, 1940-current
To obtain a library card a patron must show one piece of identification with their name and current residential address and a photo ID from any state; or current Florida drivers license/ID with current residential (local-see below) address.
The library accepts the following for proof of address:
Florida driver’s license, Florida State I.D., voter’s registration card, utility bill, phone bill, gas bill, check book, bank book, property tax bill, bank statement, lease (3 months or longer), deed, or mortgage papers, motor vehicle registration, First Class Mail postmarked within the past 30 days.
Parent’s ID is used for a child’s card. Children must be accompanied by parent of legal guardian to obtain a library card and at least 5 years old.
Patrons may qualify for different types of library cards based on where they reside.
Patrons residing in the "city limits" of the City of Lake Worth are considered residents and their library cards are free and renewed every three years.
LIBRARY COOPERATIVE MEMBERS
Persons living in the following locations may also obtain a free library card (renewed annually).
All county unincorporated areas
Atlantis, Belle Glade, Boynton Beach, Briny Breezes, Cloud Lake, Delray Beach, Glen Ridge, Golf, Golfview, Greenacres, Gulf Stream, Haverhill, Hypoluxo, Juno Beach, Jupiter, Jupiter Inlet Colony, Lake Clarke Shores, Lake Park, Lantana, Mangonia Park, North Palm Beach, Ocean Ridge, Pahokee, Palm Beach Gardens, Palm Beach Shores, Palm Springs, Riviera Beach, Royal Palm Beach, South Bay, South Palm Beach, Tequesta, Wellington, West Palm Beach
- Persons from other states or countries
- Persons from other Florida counties
- Persons residing within the city limits of Palm Beach, Manalapan, Highland Beach, and Boca Raton are considered as non-residents because their cities and libraries have elected not to be members of the Library Cooperative of the Palm Beaches, or do not pay property taxes to the Library Cooperative.
Non-residents may obtain a library card upon payment of a library card membership fee and showing an ID with an address:
Library card renewed every 3 months is $15.00 – May pay for 6 months for $30.00.
Library card renewed annually is $35.00.
Material Check-Out Limits
After first time use, the following limits apply:
- Language audios or videos: 1
- ACT, SAT, GED, GRE, TOEFEL & Other Test Exam Books: 1
- Videos/DVDs: 2
- Material on Same Subject: 2
- New Books/14-Day Check Out: 4
- Music & Audio CDs: 4
Fines | Fees
- 28 day circulating items – 15 cents / day ; maximum fine is $10.00 per item
- 7 & 14 day circulating items - $1.00 / day ; maximum fine is $15.00 per item
- Lost library card - $3.00
- Lost audio/DVD cases - $5.00
- Lost or damaged items – Please contact the library
NEED MORE TIME?
Library Card or Florida ID - $1.00 / hr
Out of State ID - $2.00 / hr
Children age 5 and older with a library card must have parental permission to use the Internet. Children 4 and under must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian at the computer at all times while on the Internet.
- The Palm Beach Post Online newspaper database - 1989 to Present
- The Lake Worth Herald - a weekly newspaper which the library has from 1912-1920 in microfiche and from 1941 to the present in hardcopy. No index is available for the Lake Worth Herald.
- The Municipal Cemeteries of Lake Worth, Florida : index of burials. c1998.
Burials at Pine Crest Municipal Cemetery from, July 1923 - June 1987 and the I.A. Banks Memorial Park from, October 1962 - December 1997.
- City Directories from 1930 to 1990.
- Cross Reference Directories various years 1990 to present.
- Various How-to books available for research and check out.
- Local books on the history of Lake Worth