Lake Worth Public Library
- Library Cards
- Children's Programs
- Material Checkout
- Library Fines and Fees
- Internet Access, WiFi, Printing
- Genealogical Research
- Digital Resources (E-Books, Databases, Magazines, Newspapers)
- Little Free Libraries
- Remembering Lake Worth
The library’s mission is to provide free access to information, resources, programs and technology to meet patron needs for educational, cultural, recreational and lifelong learning.
The library provides a wide array of materials in many formats accessible through the online catalog as well as online databases to support research, computers for word processing, and internet access.
- 62,000+ volumes
- E-book Readers
- Digital magazines
- Electronic databases
- 15 Internet accessible computers
- Free Wi-Fi
- Audiobooks on CDs
- Music CDs
- Children’s programs
- Create Lab - Computers and Printing for Kids
- Play area for toddlers
- Computer classes
- Adult Crafts
- Meet the Author Events
- Basic genealogical searches
- Florida history collection
- Lake Worth Herald newspaper archive; 1912-1920, 1940-current
- Wireless printing
To obtain a library card a patron must show one piece of identification with their name and current residential address and a photo ID from any state; or current Florida drivers license/ID with current residential (local-see below) address.
The library accepts the following for proof of address:
Florida driver’s license, Florida State I.D., voter’s registration card, utility bill, phone bill, gas bill, check book, bank book, property tax bill, bank statement, lease (3 months or longer), deed, or mortgage papers, motor vehicle registration, First Class Mail postmarked within the past 30 days.
Parent’s ID is used for a child’s card. Children must be accompanied by parent of legal guardian to obtain a library card and at least 5 years old.
Patrons residing in the "city limits" of the City of Lake Worth are considered residents and their library cards are free and renewed every three years.
LIBRARY COOPERATIVE MEMBERS
Persons living in the following locations may also obtain a free library card (renewed annually).
All county unincorporated areas
Atlantis, Belle Glade, Boynton Beach, Briny Breezes, Cloud Lake, Delray Beach, Glen Ridge, Golf, Golfview, Greenacres, Gulf Stream, Haverhill, Hypoluxo, Juno Beach, Jupiter, Jupiter Inlet Colony, Lake Clarke Shores, Lake Park, Lantana, Mangonia Park, North Palm Beach, Ocean Ridge, Pahokee, Palm Beach Gardens, Palm Beach Shores, Palm Springs, Riviera Beach, Royal Palm Beach, South Bay, South Palm Beach, Tequesta, Wellington, West Palm Beach
- Persons from other states or countries
- Persons from other Florida counties
- Persons residing within the city limits of Palm Beach, Manalapan, Highland Beach, and Boca Raton are considered as non-residents because their cities and libraries have elected not to be members of the Library Cooperative of the Palm Beaches, or do not pay property taxes to the Library Cooperative.
Non-residents may obtain a library card upon payment of a library card membership fee and showing an ID with an address:
Library card renewed every 3 months is $15.00 – May pay for 6 months for $30.00.
Library card renewed annually is $35.00.
First time use of the library card is restricted to one book on the card.
After first time use, the following limits apply:
- Language audios or videos: 1
- ACT, SAT, GED, GRE, TOEFEL & Other Test Exam Books: 1
- Videos/DVDs: 4
- Material on Same Subject: 2
- New Books/14-Day Check Out: 4
- Music & Audio CDs: 4
- 28 day circulating items – 15 cents / day ; maximum fine is $10.00 per item
- 7 & 14 day circulating items - $1.00 / day ; maximum fine is $15.00 per item
- Lost library card - $3.00
- Lost audio/DVD cases - $5.00
- Lost or damaged items – Please contact the library
Lake Worth Library Card - 120 free minutes per day
Photo ID - 15 minutes free per day
NEED MORE TIME?
Library Card or Florida ID - $1.00 / hr
Out of State ID - $2.00 / hr
Children age 5 and older with a library card must have parental permission to use the Internet. Children 4 and under must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian at the computer at all times while on the Internet.
Fees apply to both public access computers and wireless printing.
- Black and white - 15 cemts
- Color - 50 cents
- The Palm Beach Post Online newspaper database - 1989 to Present
- The Lake Worth Herald - a weekly newspaper which the library has from 1912-1970 in microfiche and from 1912 to the present in hardcopy. No index is available for the Lake Worth Herald. Online database currently available from 1912-1924.
- The Municipal Cemeteries of Lake Worth, Florida : index of burials. c1998.
Burials at Pine Crest Municipal Cemetery from, July 1923 - June 1987 and the I.A. Banks Memorial Park from, October 1962 - December 1997.
- City Directories from 1930 to 1990.
- Cross Reference Directories various years 1990 to present.
- Various How-to books available for research and check out.
- Local books on the history of Lake Worth
The Lake Worth Herald (1912-1924), Boynton Beach Star (1965-1968), and the Lake Worth, Boynton Beach, and Lantana, Florida city.directories (1958-1965) are now available online. More Lake Worth Herald newspapers from the years 1925-1970 will soon be available online.
The library also has microfilm available of the Lake Worth Herald from 1912-1970, as well as hardcopies from 1912 to current date.
These digital copies and microfilm have been made availabe by the hard work of the Boynton Beach Library Staff. Working with the Lake Worth Herald newspaper and our library's copies of the Herald, they applied for and were awarded a Library Services and Technology grant from the State Library and Archive of Florida in 2017.
To access the database please click here and go to archive.lakeworth.org
Download Digital Magazines with RB Digital
Read online or in he RB Digital app.
RBdigital is a collection of magazines available for our members to download. It is formally known as OneClick. RBdigital offers a wide variety of content through their website and mobile apps. Libraries offer the services to active users through a personal account. Titles are available for download to the app or read online.
Search for th "RBdigital" in your app store for Android, iOS, and Kindle Fire. Download the RBdigital app and create an account to get started today! Select the “Register” link in the upper-right-hand corner of the screen.
Featuring architectural icons & other Lake Worth locations. Click here to view.
$20 - unframed poster | $2 - note card | $2 - postcard
On sale at the Library | Proceeds benefit Friends of the Lake Worth Library